24.11.19

Trigg Shorts

I was recently introduced to Elbe Textiles, and as I am not in need of new clothes, I purchased the Trigg shorts pattern to sew for the blokes in my house.


Trigg beach is our favourite, and we find ourselves there most weekends, so it was easy to photograph these Trigg shorts on Trigg Beach :).


I  actually sewed up 4 pairs in a single weekend.  The print fabrics are all from Spotlight.  The tiny black / white check is a linen remnant leftover from my Ethel pants.  The watermelon print is for my younger son, who loves bright clothing.  The pears are being worn as pyjamas.  The pears are the longer length and the other 3 are all the shorter length.

After the first pair, I used a slightly narrower elastic, as I think the 5 cm wide elastic was a very snug fit in the waistband piece.  Another option would be to make the waistband a little wider, but I had some 4.5 cm wide elastic handy so I used that instead.

2 comments:

Ahat108 said...

These look great. What an unselfish sew!! I haven’t yet finished the coat I started for my husband two years ago. This post has given me the push I needed to finish it for Christmas.

katherine h said...

Shorts are waaay easier than a coat. Good luck and happy sewing!