17.7.19

Another 241 Tote


The 241 Tote from Noodlehead is one of the few patterns that I have made over and over, often as a gift.  It is a handy size and those side pockets are great if you want to find your keys quickly.  I like to use denim and stiffer cottons so that I don't need to bother with interfacing. 

I made the one above for a friend just before a trip away, and realised that  it matched my travel wardrobe quite nicely.  I asked if she would mind if I "borrowed" it for a week before I sent it.  Obviously I haven't quite mastered selfless sewing.

I didn't have enough fabric to cut the main panel in one piece, so I used that opportunity to create an extra pocket in the front.  The main fabric is a cotton + steel canvas (I bought mine at Calico & Ivy), the side pockets are the last scraps of pink denim from last year's jeans and the grey tencel for the sides and straps was left over from some trousers.  I didn't photograph the inside, but it is a mix of black / white linen check and an apricot / white cotton check.  All lovely fabrics, which makes the sewing a beautiful tactile experience. 

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I laughed reading your post. The one week delay in delivering the tote to your friend was because you just did a post production, quality test of function and appearance. All good manufacturers do that don't they?

katherine h said...

Yes, that's the correct approach, for sure :)