17.11.16

Mod Style Shift

This next iteration of my shift dress is self drafted, but is heavily inspired by OOP Vogue 7899.  I pretty much took the pocket from this pattern.  I bought this pattern when it was released in 2004 and have been meaning to make up a version with this pocket pretty much ever since.  The slight differences between the rest of the pattern and my draft is that my dress has a French bust dart and narrower shoulders, and no hem band.




The main fabric is a Nani Iro canvas that I bought from Tessuti.  I thought it would be a good weight for a shift dress, but it is possibly a little stiff, which shows up some very minor fitting issues that would not be seen in a different fabric.  The contrast bands are a quilting cotton.  I liked the colour combo on my sewing table, but am not so sure about it now that I am wearing it.

There was madness in our house this morning, and when I told the kids that I still had to get dressed before we could leave, they groaned....and then they were pleasantly surprised when I skipped down the stairs just 30 seconds later in this dress.  It certainly is easy to wear and quick to put on!.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a keeper your rocking that one

Summer Flies said...

I love it. I think the contrasts looks great... but those pockets... swoon!

Sue said...

Cute as!

Megan O said...

Love it! Those pockets are fabulous and the fabric is such fun. Brilliant!

Tropical Threads said...

Oh I love it! Such a great combination of fabric choices and style, and fit. It looks like it would be wearable in a lot of different situations too, which is always a bonus coming up to the festive season :-)

fabric epiphanies said...

I love the pocket and the colours are give that cool tropical summer vibe.

Audrey said...

Love it. The trim color looks great with the print and ditto the comments about the fabulous pocket