17.11.16

Mod Style Shift

This next iteration of my shift dress is self drafted, but is heavily inspired by OOP Vogue 7899.  I pretty much took the pocket from this pattern.  I bought this pattern when it was released in 2004 and have been meaning to make up a version with this pocket pretty much ever since.  The slight differences between the rest of the pattern and my draft is that my dress has a French bust dart and narrower shoulders, and no hem band.




The main fabric is a Nani Iro canvas that I bought from Tessuti.  I thought it would be a good weight for a shift dress, but it is possibly a little stiff, which shows up some very minor fitting issues that would not be seen in a different fabric.  The contrast bands are a quilting cotton.  I liked the colour combo on my sewing table, but am not so sure about it now that I am wearing it.

There was madness in our house this morning, and when I told the kids that I still had to get dressed before we could leave, they groaned....and then they were pleasantly surprised when I skipped down the stairs just 30 seconds later in this dress.  It certainly is easy to wear and quick to put on!.

6 comments:

  1. It's a keeper your rocking that one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I think the contrasts looks great... but those pockets... swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Those pockets are fabulous and the fabric is such fun. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it! Such a great combination of fabric choices and style, and fit. It looks like it would be wearable in a lot of different situations too, which is always a bonus coming up to the festive season :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pocket and the colours are give that cool tropical summer vibe.

    ReplyDelete