Inadvertent Cocktail Waitress Dress
This is the V-necked dress I drafted as part of the Craftsy course "Creative Necklines" with Suzy Furrer". I am slowly making my way through the drafts in the course. I want to make the patterns up for real, not just in muslin, and I had the idea that I could do this from my stash. Initially I paired this eyelet with a textured blue fabric for the skirt, but at the last minute, I decided the blue would get greater wear as the shorts for which it was originally intended, so switched it out for a black sateen remnant. Once completed, I could see that the pairing is not so great, with the eyelet being day wear and the black not so much and so I have ended up with a cocktail waitress looking dress, which will probably be relegated to the dress-up box.
I made a little peplum thingy. The eyelet is lined with cotton batiste.
I am reasonalby happy with the fit in the bodice I am not super happy with the fit of the skirt on my dress block. It is a bit poochy at the front hips and pulls on the buttocks. I guess there is only so much shaping that can be achieved with a single dart front and back.
I really need to go back to my block and adjust the back length, as it is a bit long on all my dresses. The frustrations of making that block has left me a little scarred though, so I am hesitant to go back and fix it. Also, I think I really need a bit more ease in the waist, even though I added the recommended amount to the initial moulage. I have another dress made on this block and another cut out, but then, I should perhaps review my block.