27.2.14

Drape drape t-shirt

This project was a fabric fail.  The fabric was part of a bundle of fabrics I bought from a clothing shop several years ago.  It was a cotton / silk knit, originally in a beige colour.  I tried dyeing it, but the colour did not turn out as I hoped, and in spite of following instructions to the t, it was a little splotchy.  Now that I look at the photos, I can see that it is totally not the right colour for me.  Also, the fabric did not have as much stretch as I anticipated, being a single knit, and the top turned out a little tight in the hips. 

That said, I like the shape of the top, and probably will make it again in another fabric.  It is No. 4 from Drape drape Vol 2.  After reading several reviews, I raised the neckline and, from memory, I cut the hips wider than the largest size (this was made several months ago, only worn for the first time yesterday).




4 comments:

  1. It doesn't look tight if that is any consolation. In fact I was writing a rave review, then read your comment about it being a fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this looks really cute. The color looks really fresh. Hope you'll give this top a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really nice in the photos. Definitely worth having another go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really pretty and interesting. I personally like this shade of green, but look forward to seeing another version in a color and fabric you like better.

    ReplyDelete