For the pattern I used the bottom half of Jalie 2798. I like the skirt on this pattern because it is less fabric hungry than a circle skirt. I didn't use the top half of the Jalie pattern because it had too many pieces to make up and fit quickly for a whole class. Instead, I used a self-drafted pattern. It was actually harder than I anticipated to blend the 2 patterns together, particularly to get the back length right.
The fabric is mystique spandex from glitter and dance, which came up really well under the lights. The letters were made from heat fix glitter, which stretches with the lycra and is very easy to use.
The costumes were a hit with the dancers and the audience, and were rather poignant, given that this announcement, which will greatly affect the viability of our town, was made on the morning of the dance concert.