The fit isn't spot-on. I have far less time for sewing these days, and to be honest, I'd rather get through more projects than spend the extra time on muslins. I cut according to my hip size. The fit was appropriately snug in the hips, but I had to let them out at the waist...at least I had plenty of seams to play with! I had to take them in an awful lot through the legs. They are still not as close fitting as the ones on the model, but in the lower part of the leg, there is only one seam, running down the front, so I thought it would skew things too much if I took them in any more.
Hopefully you can see some of the paneling in this next shot. I couldn't decide whether to topstitch all the seams or not, and then went with not, as I couldn't decide which colour top-stitch thread to use.
You can see that these have been through a "tissue wash"...just consider this evidence that I wear what I make, rather than judge my laundry! Some things become more apparent with a photoshoot, and I can see that I need to move the button over slightly. A friend of mine recently went to London and she brought me back a jar of buttons from Liberty. This single, purple button from the jar was perfect for these jeans.
The fabric has purple threads running one way and grey the other...sometimes these look purple and sometimes they just look a regular indigo colour. Not so long back, I was lamenting the lack of purple pants in my wardrobe (specifically, when I made this top)..well, that problem has been rectified now!