I'm having a bit of a clear out of my wardrobe. On the pile of neverworns was a shirt that I made earlier this year. It was beautifully made, being the first project with my industrial binders. I took photos of the binding when I made it, to compare to my original version, but in a computer glitch, I have lost all my photos from March to May.
The neverworn pile was mostly whitish shirts. I don't look good in white. So I went and bought some dye, to see if any of them could be salvaged. Dye is expensive. About $12 a packet and only does one shirt. Then when I got home, it was a hand dye variety and not a chuck-in-the-washing machine variety. The first dyed shirt did not turn out well, even though I followed the instructions to the letter. The colour was not very intense and it looked a bit patchy. For my next one, I tried dip-dying, so that the patchy effect would be less of an issue. I still did not get good intensity of colour, but the result is wearable. I stitched it with polyester thread, which did not take the dye, but I must have sewn the button on with cotton thread.