This was one of those fabrics where I clicked to buy a little too hastily. I was buying other fabric and saw this one and grabbed it. Later it the day it registered...it didn't say "linen"...more something along the lines of "linen-like texture". Where I live, it is mostly too hot for synthetics. So here I was with a sheer, summery fabric that would be too hot for summer.
Instead, I decided to use it for a beachy sort of throw-over, for windy times at the beach, using the Papercut Patterns Circle Top. The pattern consists of a large circle, with armholes cut out and sleeves inserted. The top of the circle forms a hood.
The front can be wrapped closed or left to drape open. My picture does not show this so well, but you can see this effect at the Papercut patterns shop.
The edges of the circle are bound. I used my coverstitch to bind the edges. Half of the binding turned out perfectly, and half didn't really work at all, but the material frays and this was a superquick Friday night project whilst the family was at my son's footy game, so I am leaving it as is. I don't know how to bind in a circle, so I cut a little bit out and made a loop closure, which you can see (if you know where to look) at the top of the hood in the first photo. This is not the neatest solution, so I'll have to think up something else for next time.