I really have been de-stashing my knits this year, all in my attempts to learn to use my cover-stitch machine. Are you tired of hearing about it yet?
This top is made of a silk fabric, so I was expecting a little trouble. Turned out, no trouble what-so-ever. Well, not with the silk. A little with the design. I gathered the front section evenly, and then all the gathers were pushed out of place when I bound the neckline. So I had to undo that section and redo it. The lesson this time was to stabilise any gathers into position before binding.
The pattern was copied from RTW. I was copying a knitted garment, so I did add extra width to compensate. I have always found the original top very easy to wear. I particularly like the hem band. The ruffled sleeves are pretty. The angle of the armscye is a little unusual, and when I was making up this top, I did like it as a sleeveless top as well. I like the pattern so much that I should have copied it onto paper to use again, instead of cutting into my fabric directly from the RTW top.
I find print tops can be a little overwhelming, so to break it up a little, I covered the sleeves with a mesh dotty fabric.
Here you can see the original top.
The new top, paired with fuchsia skirt. is shown below. I think it should also pair nicely with my white pants. After seeing Belinda's skirt, I have bought some of the same fabric to make a turquoise skirt to match.