So, using the cups from my previous pattern, I set about to make a racer back bra. I substituted a front opening design for the bridge piece (for one bra I used the opening from Elan 540, for the other I used the piece from Pin-Up Girls Sharon bra). I took the back piece and split it in two. I could have made the entire back piece out of powernet, but when you buy a bra kit, often the powernet is not wide enough to cut a back piece on the fold. This is why I split the pattern and made the centre back piece out of the same fabric as the cups. I actually cut a dart out ,rather than just split the pattern. I just guessed the width of the dart. I added some width to made up for the fact that the centre back was not stretchy.
This was my first attempt. When I tried it on under a shirt, the racerback position was too low and a smidge too wide.
I modified the pattern and made a beige version. This photo suggests that I need to make the band a little looser.
Here, it is being worn under Jalie 2565. No straps showing!
great designs for layered dressing. This fabric is a great "neutral" for me, as I don't much wear white.
This is how I have been wearing this top. Hardly seen at all, but the glimpse of colour it offers seems to complete the outfit.