Child's t-shirt refashion
This t-shirt was brought back from a business trip for my daughter. To the inexperienced shopper, it probably looked about the right size. The fabric is very stretchy, and the neckline large, so I think it is actually a body-fitting top for a teenager. She loved it though, so rather than pass it on, I took to it with the scissors.
burda style 5/2011 140 as a guide. I left the hem and side seams as they were, which was the right width and maybe 5 cm longer than the pattern. I cut off the sleeves. I cut a new neckline, shoulders and armholes. For the front neckline, I could leave the ribbing attached. For the back, I removed the ribbing and attached it to the new neckline. I left the hem and side seams of the sleeve, but cut a shallower sleeve cap, before re-attaching the sleeve. I used the scraps to make casings and ties. They are not the neatest or straightest casings and ties, but they will do.