10.2.08

My new toy (boy)

Whilst this may look like a completely unremarkable T-shirt, it is the first thing I have made using my coverstitch machine. I bought the machine (Bernette for Bernina 009DCC) second-hand on ebay for a bargain price...only, there was no manual...so I have started with a very easy project until I get hold of a manual.


Inspecting this photo has caused me a little concern. The shoulder looks a little too dropped. This T-shirt was made using Burda 8329. I have just cut out a Burda collared shirt for my same muse...and I have not made a muslin or done any fitting. I did compare the yoke to some of his shirts, and it is bigger than some and smaller than others. I'm not sure I even know how to reduce the shoulder length without affecting anything else.

1 comment: